Day 01 – A favorite song Day 02 - A song that makes you happy Day 03 - A song that makes you sad Day 04 - A song that reminds you of someone Day 05 - A song that reminds of you of somewhere Day 06 - A song that reminds you of a certain event Day 07 - A song that you can dance to Day 08 - A song that makes you fall asleep Day 09 - A song from your favorite band Day 10 - A song that no one would expect you to love Day 11 - A song that describes you Day 12 - A song from your favorite album Day 13 - A song that you listen to when you're angry Day 14 - A song that you listen to when you’re happy Day 15 - A song that you listen to when you’re sad Day 16 - A song that you want to play at your wedding Day 17 - A song that you want to play at your funeral Day 18 - A song that makes you laugh
So yesterday I was driving around with my windows down and I totally forgot that I have a messed up driver's seat window. I had the window half way down. It started to rain, so I was trying to get the damn thing up. The damn thing wasn't going up at all. I tried pulling it up and still nothing. My cousin was even helping me out. Well anyways, I thought if I put it all the way down it would go back up but nope that didn't work either. So I called up my pops to see if he could help me out. Sure enough he helped me out the best he could. I have plastic covering my window and now I can't see while I am driving. So now I have to wait until this stupid weather clears in order to get my window back up and be able to drive the car. Ugh!!!! I swear I can be really retarded at times. I should have just left the window alone. All I was doing was trying to get some air into my car because my ac doesn't work all of sudden. UGH!!!!!! I suck
So on Friday I went and saw Trivium, Coheed & Cambria, and Slipknot at the lovely Tsongas arena in Boston. That was a very interesting line up if I say so. Considering that those bands have a different type of style and a different kind of fan following. Also this wasn't my preferred concert but I went and I ended up having a decent time while my boyfriend had a shitty time. He was the one who bought the tickets for the show in the first place. So anyways, here is my review of the show. Enjoy
Trivium: This lovely band kicked off the show and I must say that they were fucking awesome. I wasn't 2 pleased that they only got 37 minutes to play but still they killed those 37 minutes. Of course they were only allowed to play 6 songs which was kind of shitty but what are you going to do. people at the show didn't seem 2 give 2 fucks about this band playing. So they kicked off there set list with "Kirisute Gomen" which is the first track off their new album called "Shogun". The second song was "Torn Between Scylla and Charybdis" which is the second track off of their new album. There third song was "Down from the Sky" which is the 3rd song off the new album. I am rocking out while everyone else just sat and stood there like they were boring when in reality they are not. My boyfriend fell asleep during there set. I had to wake him up. After they played 3 songs off the new album, they played 3 songs off there previous albums. The best part was that they didn't play anything off of the "Crusade" album. Which I was happy about because that album sucks balls. Yes I have it because I am a Trivium fan but that doesn't make it good. Some songs off of that album are decent but the rest of it sucks. Well anyways, they played "Like Light to the Flies" which is a bad ass song off the album "Ascendancy". After that song they played "Pull Harder on the Strings of Your Martyr" which is off the album "Ascendancy" as well. I don't remember the other song they played because I wasn't 2 fimilar with it. I think they played a song off the album "Ember to Inferno" but I am not 2 sure. All in all there kicked ass and you couldn't have asked for a better band to kick off the show. I highly recommend this band because they are worth checking out. Matt Heafy is the fucking man and Corey Beaulieu. They do some sick guitar work.
Coheed & Cambria: I didn't care about seeing this band live at all. They are not my cup of tea at all. I happened to find them kinda boring and very slow paced. I don't even know how they ended up being on tour. Well anyways, they only played for 30 minutes. Which if you ask me is more than enough because I don't think that they are all that special. I was glad that they did play one of the songs that I like. They opened up with "Welcome Home" which is a killer track and my favorite song out of 3 other songs that I like. The rest of there set, I just sat there bored out of my mind because they slowed the pace down after Trivium got off the stage. Tho, Claudio is a sick guitarist and is enjoyable to watch when he is not singing. I didn't understand why he kept skipping while playing his guitar. That kind of weirded me out a little bit. Claudio doesn't have very much stage presence.
Slipknot: This was my second time seeing them and probably my last time seeing them because I was impressed at all. They were MUCH better the first time I saw them and this time. Everyone was going to crazy for them and yet they didn't know any of there opening songs which kind of threw me for a loop. How in the hell can you go crazy for Slipknot's new shit and not go crazy for there old shit. That didn't make much sense to me at all. I found that 2 be very weird. Joey Jordison is the fucking man on drums. I wish Joey could have done is his drum solo because it is sick. The guy is amazing to watch on the drums. He is my favorite member of Slipknot. Well anyways, Slipknot opened up with "Sic" which was amazing because I was expecting them to opened up with shit off there new album but instead they opened up with stuff off their old album. That put a smile on my face. I honestly don't think that any knew the first song. After they played "Sic" they played "Eyeless" which again is off an old album which was really good. Then I believed they played "Scream" which again is an old song. After that they played "Wait & Bleed". Then from there they just played stuff off there new album. I was like what the fuck is this. I didn't come here 2 hear your new shit, I came here to hear your old shit. I'm sorry but Slipknot's new album is fucking terrible. I only like "All Hope Is Gone" which is a decent track off the new album and "Psycho Social" which is the other decent track off the new album. The rest of the new album sucks balls. After they were done playing shit off their new album they played shit off of "Vol. 3: The Subliminal Verses" which is a good album. It's better than "All Hope Is Gone" album. They didn't play much off of "Vol. 3: The Subliminal Verses" which was a disappointment because there is a lot of good songs off that album. The only songs they played off the "Vol. 3: The Subliminal Verses" album were "Duality", "Before I Forget" and I think "Three Nil" but I am not sure. I do know that they played "Duality" and "Before I Forget". I hoping that they would play "Welcome" and "The Nameless" because those are killer tracks. Plus they didn't even play "Pulse of the Maggots". I wasn't all that happy at all. What pissed me off more was that they hardly played anything off of "Iowa". That album is fucking killer and they didn't play hardly anything off of it. The only songs that they played off of "Iowa" were "Everything Ends" and "People=Shit". I'm like what the fuck, where is the "Heretic Anthem", "My Plague", "Left Behind". Ugh this show was not worth the money my boyfriend spent at all. I am so glad that I saw Slipknot because they went REALLY commercial because let me tell you there were so many younger kids there thinking that Slipknot is the best metal band out there when in reality they are not. I was really disappointment because I was expecting so much. I recommend the first 3 albums but stay away from their latest album because it is garbage.
1. Put your iTunes on shuffle. 2. For each question, press the next button to get your answer. 3. YOU MUST WRITE THAT SONG NAME DOWN NO MATTER HOW SILLY IT SOUNDS! 4. Tag 10 friends who might enjoy doing the memo as well as the person you got the memo from. (Yeah, I just tagged the first 10 people who came to mind)
1.IF SOMEONE SAYS "IS THIS OKAY" YOU SAY? "Amon Amarth - Live For The Kill"
2. WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY? "Flo Rida - In The Ayer"
3. WHAT DO YOU LIKE IN A GUY/GIRL? "The Exies - Hey You"
4. HOW DO YOU FEEL TODAY? "Iced Earth - Curse The Sky"
5. WHAT IS YOUR LIFE'S PURPOSE? "Mendeed - The Reaper Awaits</b>
6. WHAT IS YOUR MOTTO? "Grave Digger - Giants"
7. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR PARENTS? "Gwar - Bloody Mary"
8. WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT VERY OFTEN? "Nightwish - Eva"
9. WHAT IS 2+2? "Dark Tranquility - Single Part of Two"
10. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR BEST FRIEND? "Manowar - The Crow And The Ring (Lament of The Kings)"
11. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE PERSON YOU LIKE? "Korpiklaani - Kirki"
12. WHAT IS YOUR LIFE STORY? "Powerman 5000 - Blast Off To Nowhere"
13. WHAT DO YOU WANT TO BE WHEN YOU GROW UP? "Olympos Mons - The Last Night of The Moon"
14. WHAT DO YOU THINK WHEN YOU SEE THE PERSON YOU LIKE? "Wintersun - Starchild"
15. WHAT DO YOUR PARENTS THINK OF YOU? "Black Label Society - Sick of It All"
16. WHAT WILL YOU DANCE TO AT YOUR WEDDING? "Edguy - Lucifer In Love"
17. WHAT WILL THEY PLAY AT YOUR FUNERAL? "Suidakra - Dragonbreed"
18. WHAT IS YOUR HOBBY/INTEREST? "Dark Tranquility - Hours Passed In Exile"
19. WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST SECRET? "Slayer - Die By the Sword"
20. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR FRIENDS? "Dethklok - Duncan Hills Coffee Jingle"
21. WHAT'S THE WORST THING THAT COULD HAPPEN? "Dashboard Confessional - Vindicated"
22. HOW WILL YOU DIE? "Bullet For My Valentine - Deliver Us From Evil"
23. WHAT IS THE ONE THING YOU REGRET? "OneRepublic - Prodigal"
24. WHAT MAKES YOU LAUGH? "Opeth - Blackwater Park"
25. WHAT MAKES YOU CRY? "Judas Priest - Exiled"
26. WILL YOU EVER GET MARRIED? "Thayer Cabin - The Hearse Song"
27. WHAT SCARES YOU THE MOST? "Senses Fail - Dreaming A Reality"
28. DOES ANYONE LIKE YOU? "Keith Urban - Blue Jeans"
29. IF YOU COULD GO BACK IN TIME, WHAT WOULD YOU CHANGE? "Rhapsody - Never Forgotten Heroes"
30. WHAT HURTS RIGHT NOW? "Agalloch - Summerisle Reprise"
31. WHAT WILL YOU POST THIS AS? "Iron Maiden - Flight Of Icarus"